Gods & Dragons
Dragons in Bintan? Yes there are many! Your dragon ‘hunt’ takes off as you enter the hinterland of this large tropical island. At Senggarang Village built over the sea, two of the oldest temples in Bintan greet your arrival.
Built to give thanks for the safe sea passage of the early Chinese settlers, the Vihara Dharma Sasana (temple) is a perfect showcase of the co-existence of Gods and Dragons in Chinese mythology.
And just a stone’s throw away, another temple has given way to nature as an ancient tree intertwines its trunk around the structure of the Banyan Tree Temple.
Then at the next stop, amidst a surreal setting that could very well be in Mainland China, over 500 life-sized, (Louhan) statues await your coming - each one human-like, unique and different from the next. Your tour then takes an earthly respite as you wonder the streets of Tanjung Pinang for the best local bargains or souvenirs to bring home…..but only briefly as you head towards another ‘nest’ of dragons and abode of the Gods. Here, you will see dragons everywhere- right from the moment you enter the vast grounds of the Vihara Avalokitesvara (Kwan Yin Temple) to the top of the temple’s roof! The tallest statue in South East Asia of the Goddess of Mercy sits majestically here.
Gods appeased and dragons counted, you head back to your resort to see the sun dip over the distant horizon.
|0900||Meet & Greet at lobby hotel. Transfer to Tanjungpinang|
|1030||Arrive at 500 Lohan Temple. Walking Tour around the temple|
|1130||Transfer to Senggarang Island|
|1200||Arrive at Senggarang Island. Walking Tour around the island|
|1400||Free & Easy at Tanjungpinang Street Market|
|1530||Visit Gwan Yin Temple|
|1600||Transfer back to hotel|
|1700||Arrive at hotel|
- Two ways Land Transfer
- English Speaking Guide
- Bottle Drinking Water
- All meals and beverage unspecified
- Travel insurance
- All of airfares, airport tax, visa fee
- Personal expenses, optional visit and other services unspecified
- Surcharge for special occasion, gala dinner on Christmas, New Year and other public holiday
- 7 days prior to departure date: 100% of reservation cost
- 8-14 days prior to departure date: 50% of reservation cost
- 15-29 days prior to departure date: 25% of reservation cost
- 30 or more days prior to departure date: 10% of reservation cost