Island of the Kings
Escape the modernity of everyday life and journey back into time. A time when Kings and Queens ruled the islands of the Riau Kingdom stretching from what is now part of Indonesian, to Singapore and beyond to southern Malaysia. Your journey skirts past the tallest mountain on the island- Gunung Bintan with verdant jungles on its slopes. You will soon arrive at a predominantly Chinese coastal village famous for its alleyways that crisscross over the sea .
Here your historical journey begins as you board a local sea craft that will take you back in time to Penyengat Island. From here, the adventure continues in a motorized trishaw along ancient streets paved with history. The island and all its attractions are pending listing as UNESCO World Heritage Sites. This is the abode of the kings of the last phase of the Malay Kingdom. Here, the ruins of an old palace, the Royal Mosque and mausoleum are all adorn in hues of yellow and green. Here the rusting cannons that defended the locals against the Dutch invaders still caste their glances over the sea and the sounds of a bygone era still echo in the wind.
Back on the main island of Bintan, you will savour some local delicacies over lunch before heading back to the beautiful sandy beaches of your resort.
|0900||Meet & Greet at lobby hotel. Transfer to Tanjungpinang|
|1030||Arrive at Penyengat island. Tour around Penyengat island to see past of Malay Kingdom by becak|
|1200||Back to Tanjungpinang.|
|1300||Free & easy at Bintan Mall. Free & easy at Bintan Mall|
|1400||Tour around Tanjungpinang and shopping time at Tanjungpinang City Center Mall|
|1530||Transfer back to hotel|
|1700||Arrive at hotel|
- Two ways Land Transfer
- English Speaking Guide
- Bottle Drinking Water
- All meals and beverage unspecified
- Travel insurance
- All of airfares, airport tax, visa fee
- Personal expenses, optional visit and other services unspecified
- Surcharge for special occasion, gala dinner on Christmas, New Year and other public holiday
- 7 days prior to departure date: 100% of reservation cost
- 8-14 days prior to departure date: 50% of reservation cost
- 15-29 days prior to departure date: 25% of reservation cost
- 30 or more days prior to departure date: 10% of reservation cost